Black Sea Trust for Regional Cooperation
The Black Sea Trust for Regional Cooperation (BST) promotes regional cooperation and good governance in the Wider Black Sea region; accountable, transparent, and open government; strong effective civic sectors; and independent and professional media.
BST does this by supporting civil society from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Georgia, Moldova, Romania, Turkey, and Ukraine.
BST was set up in 2007 with the support of:
- German Marshall Fund of the United States
- United States Agency for International Development
- Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Romania
- Government of Latvia
- Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation
Since 2011, BST expanded its programmatic areas and it has received the support of:
- Robert Bosch Stiftung
- Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation
The BST Advisory Board is composed of experts with extensive knowledge on the region and it offers strategic advice to BST staff.