A Briefing on the Ongoing Crisis in Idlib and Turkey
- Şaban Kardaş, Associate Professor of International Relations, TOBB University of Economics and Technology
- Ian O. Lesser, Vice President and Executive Director, Brussels, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Arda Mevlütoğlu, Defense Analyst
- Jonathan D. Katz, Senior Fellow, The Germand Marshall Fund of the United States
- Özgür Ünlühisarcıklı, Director, Ankara Office, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
Please join us this Monday as experts at the German Marshall Fund in Ankara, Brussels, and Washington discuss the ongoing crisis in Syria's Northwest Idlib province where Turkish and Syrian forces, supported by Moscow and Tehran, continue to engage militarily in a rapidly evolving and dangerous situation. This crisis has resulted in a massive wave of new refugees attempting to enter Turkey and now Europe and additional pressure on Turkish, European and international humanitarian support systems set up to care for those displaced by the ongoing Syrian conflict.
We invite you to please join us online by signing up via this link.
If you have any questions, please contact John Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org.