Debate on European Defense
An initiative of the French government, the “consultations citoyennes” are currently taking place in 27 EU member countries. These town-hall-style forums are an opportunity to have our young leaders raise their voices and vision for the future of Europe. Overall conclusions will be presented to the Heads of State and Government ahead of the EU Council meeting in December 2018.
The GMF Paris has partnered with the French Ministry for European Affairs and is organizing a European Consultation on the European Security on Thursday, October 4.
Our YTN members will be encouraged to address the following questions :
- Is defense better effected at the supranational level, or should it remain a core national competency?
- Should the EU have its own defense policy?
- Does Europe have the necessary means to ensure its own security?
- Why has the project of a European Army not succeeded?
- Must all 28 members be part of a defense community?