Freedom House’s Nations in Transit 2018 Report Launch: Confronting Illiberalism
- Senator Ben Cardin, Ranking Member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee (D-MD)
- Dr. Karen Donfried, President, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Michael Abramowitz, President, Freedom House
- Brock Bierman, Assistant Administrator for Europe and Eurasia, U.S. Agency for International Development
- Moderator: Jonathan D. Katz, Senior Fellow, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Ambassador Daniel Fried, Distinguished Fellow, Atlantic Council
- Ivana Cvetkovic Bajrovic, Associate Director for Europe, National Endowment for Democracy
- Nate Schenkkan, Project Director, Nations in Transit, Freedom House
Please join Freedom House and The German Marshall Fund of the United States for the launch of the 2018 edition of "Nations in Transit," Freedom House’s annual report on the state of democracy in the post-communist countries of Europe and Eurasia. The report will focus on the establishment of illiberalism as the new normal in the region that stretches from Central Europe through Eurasia. The United States, EU, and transatlantic partners cannot afford to ignore this growing problem and must work together to address this antidemocratic backlash. A light breakfast will be served.
If you have any questions, please contact John Alexander at +1 202 683 2608 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
8:45 - 9:00 a.m. - Breakfast Served
9:00 - 9:15 a.m. - Introductions by Karen Donfried, Michael Abramowitz, Brock Bierman
9:15 - 9:30 a.m. - Opening Remarks by Senator Ben Cardin
9:30 -11:00 a.m. - Panel Discussion