Apply for the Manfred Wörner Seminar
GMF is pleased to announce the opening of applications for the Manfred Wörner Seminar. We invite emerging U.S. leaders with a strong interest in security and defense to apply to our upcoming seminar on June 10-18, 2017. The official deadline to submit an application will be 5:00PM EST on Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
The Manfred Wörner Seminar is an annual 10-day event that brings together 30 young Americans and Germans from a diverse range of professional backgrounds to examine European security policy and discuss U.S.-German and U.S.-European security interests. Selected participants pay a $800 fee to attend. All other program expenses, including travel, accommodations, and meals are paid by the German Armed Forces and the German Marshall Fund of the United States.
We seek leaders in politics, government (local, state, and federal), media, business, academia, and the nonprofit sector (think tanks and NGOs). Candidates must meet the following selection criteria to participate in the Manfred Wörner Seminar:
- be between 25 and 35 years of age at the time of travel
- have a strong interest in security and defense
- have an outstanding record of achievement in his or her profession
- display an interest in transatlantic relations
- Cover letter
- Current résumé with full contact information
- A passport photo or headshot for the seminar brochure
- Formal letters of recommendation are not required, but are welcome.
Please be sure to read and follow all on-page instructions provided for each step of the application process.
1. Register to apply by clicking here.
2. Complete Application:
- Please create a username and password in order to start the application process. You can then use this login information to save drafts and return to your application at a later date.
3. Submit Application:
- Once all information is entered and supplemental materials are attached, you must formally submit your completed application.
- Applications must be submitted online by Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 5:00PM EST.
Please visit the German Armed Forces Office's official homepage for the Manfred-Wörner-Seminar für deutsch-amerikanische Verständigung for more information on eligibility requirements and application instructions