Celebration of the 70th Anniversary of the Marshall Plan
BERLIN - The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) will hold a discussion with German Chancellor Angela Merkel and former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger on the 70th anniversary of the Marshall Plan and its lasting legacy for today's world leaders.
This year marks the 70th anniversary of the Marshall Plan, an audacious, innovative strategy to tackle the most pressing challenges of its time. Breaking Western Europe’s cycle of conflict and rebuilding economies devastated by World War II was an immense task, and the Marshall Plan is a concrete example of the scale of change made possible by bold thinking and international cooperation.
The spirit of the Marshall Plan is as needed now as it was 70 years ago. The values that the Marshall Plan represents and that GMF is dedicated to promoting - democracy, free enterprise, universal respect for all – are as essential in addressing today’s challenges as they were in 1947.
Read the press release here.
- H.E. Dr. Angela Merkel, Chancellor, Federal Republic of Germany
- The Hon. Dr. Henry Kissinger, Former Secretary of State, United States of America
- Dr. Karen Donfried, President, German Marshall Fund of the United States
- All press must pre-register by 16 June 2017.
- Registered press should arrive between 10:00-10:25 am.
- All cameras must be pre-set by 10:30 am.
- Technical equipment will be screened at the entrance.
- Only pre-registered journalists with a valid press credentials or valid BPA accreditation will be allowed to enter the venue.
- Please email Sarah Halls to register a satellite truck at [email protected].
Press Contact Information
- Sarah Halls, Communications Officer, +32 484 491 078, [email protected]
- Kelsey Glover, Public Relations Manager, +1 202 683 2648, [email protected]