Up Close: A Conversation with Georgian Parliamentarians on the Eve of Election
- Sergi Kapanadze, Deputy Chairperson of the Parliament, European Georgia
- Giorgi Khelashvili, Representative, Georgian Dream
- Salome Samadashvili, Member of Parliament, United National Movement
- Jonathan Katz, Senior Fellow and Director, Democracy Initiatives, German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Eka Metreveli, President, Rondeli Foundation
Please join the German Marshall Fund of the United States’ Frontlines of Democracy Initiative in cooperation with the Rondeli Foundation on October 23 for a special conversation with representatives from several of Georgia’s leading political parties a week before October 31 parliamentary elections. The Georgian election is taking place at a time of heightened domestic and regional economic, political, and security challenges. Participants will discuss key pre-election issues and policy priorities, including reforms, from the perspective of their parties and the Georgian public. They will discuss these challenges, both domestic and foreign policies, and the issues that will impact Georgia’s democratic and Euro-Atlantic trajectory after the election.
If you have any questions, please contact John Alexander at [email protected].