EU-Turkey Relations: Towards a Positive Agenda?
- Karen Donfried, President, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- M. Rifat Hisarcıklıoğlu, President, The Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey
- Peter Clever, Co-Chair, EU-Turkey Joint Consultative Committee, European Economic and Social Committee
- Senem Aydın Düzgit, Professor of International Relations, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Sabancı University
- Günter Seufert, Director, The Centre for Applied Turkey Studies, German Institute for International and Security Affairs
- Kadri Tastan, GMF-TOBB Senior Fellow, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Ian Lesser, Vice President and Executive Director, Brussels Office, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
After a year of tension and turbulence, there are now stated intentions in Brussels and Ankara to provide the EU-Turkey relations with a new impetus. While keeping Turkey’s accession prospect alive is important in the long term, a positive agenda for the relationship is needed in the short term.
With this in mind, GMF has recently conducted two studies as part of its GMF-TOBB Fellowship Program on Turkey, Europe, and global issues. The Delphi study, with the theme “EU-Turkey Relations: In Search for a Positive Agenda,” surveyed a group of experts from Turkey and European countries regarding the feasibility as well as the potential impact of positive agenda items. The public opinion survey conducted in Turkey looked into the perceptions of Turkish citizens on Europeans, the EU, and Turkey-EU relations.
Please join us for this GMF virtual panel where the results of the Delphi Study and the public opinion survey will be discussed.
If you have any questions, please contact Annika Vollmer at [email protected].
This online event is part of a series of events and analyses organized as part of the GMF-TOBB Fellowship on Turkey, Europe, and Global Issues launched by GMF in partnership with the Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey (TOBB) in 2017.
The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) is a non-partisan policy organization committed to the idea that the United States and Europe are stronger together.