The Future of Transatlantic Security: Leaders' Roundtable
- Baroness Catherine Ashton, Former High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy
- Karen Donfried, President of The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Chuck Hagel, Former U.S. Secretary of Defense
- H.R. McMaster, Former U.S. National Security Advisor
- Heli Tiirmaa-Klaar, Ambassador-at-Large for Cyber Diplomacy at the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Alexander ("Sandy") Vershbow, Wolk Distinguished Visiting Fellow at Perry World House
The transatlantic community faces a pivotal moment in early 2021. The United States is undergoing one of the most momentous—and tumultuous—transfers of power in modern history, the United Kingdom has left the European Union, and the coronavirus pandemic continues to ravage countries on both sides of the Atlantic. In this challenging geostrategic environment, what should be the top priorities for transatlantic security leaders? Where are the greatest challenges, and where are opportunities for new and innovative security policy and transatlantic cooperation?
Join The German Marshall Fund of the United States and Perry World House for a roundtable of high-level transatlantic leaders, including former High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Catherine Ashton, President of the German Marshall Fund Karen Donfried, former U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, former U.S. National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster, Estonian Ambassador-at-Large for Cyber Diplomacy Heli Tiirmaa Klaar, and former Deputy-Secretary General of NATO Alexander “Sandy” Vershbow. Sign up for this virtual event, and details of how to take part will be in your order confirmation email.
If you have any questions, please contact Itai Barsade at firstname.lastname@example.org.