The Promise of Armenia's Velvet Revolution: Advancing Democratic Reforms and Strengthening Cooperation with the United States
- Lilit Makunts, Head of My Step Alliance, Member of Parliament, The Republic of Armenia
- Edmon Marukyan, Head of Bright Armenia Party, Member of Parliment, The Republic of Armenia
- Tatevik Hayrapetyan, Member of Parliament, The Republic of Armenia
- Vahe Enfiajyan, Vice-Speaker of Parliament, The Republic of Armenia
- Jonathan D. Katz, Senior Fellow, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
The German Marshall Fund of the United States and its Frontlines of Democracy Initiative are pleased to invite you to a timely roundtable discussion on U.S.-Armenian relations and Armenia’s democratic progress with Congresswoman Jackie Speier and Armenian parliamentarian Lilit Makunts.
Congresswoman Speier, a co-chair of the Congressional Armenian Caucus, has been one of the leading advocates for deeper U.S.-Armenian relations and additional assistance to help strengthen Armenia’s democracy and rule of law reforms. Ms. Makunts is a leading member of Armenia’s National Assembly and head of the My Step Alliance and of the U.S.-Armenia Parliamentary Friendship Group. The My Step Alliance was initiated by Armenia’s Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan in August 2018. Rep. Speier and Ms. Makunts will discuss the current state of U.S.-Armenian relations, including Yerevan’s priorities in Washington for Armenia’s reform efforts. Ms. Makunts will also provide an update on the state of democratic reforms in Armenia and the latest actions taken by Prime Minister Pashinyan to fulfill the aspirations of the 2018 Velvet Revolution.
To RSVP or if you have any questions, please contact John Alexander at +1 202 683 2608 or [email protected].