State of the Unions: The U.S. 2020 Elections and U.S. Foreign Policy Post-2020
With the 2020 U.S. elections just around the corner, the world is intently focused on which political direction the country will take. The Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS) and the German Marshall Fund of the U.S. (GMF) will bring together leading European and U.S. experts and policy-makers the week after the November 3rd elections to analyze U.S. domestic political realities and what the results mean for the country and the world. The conversation will also explore what U.S. foreign policy may look like under a second Trump term alternatively under a Biden administration. What will be the impact on U.S. global leadership, on its weakened commitment to multilateralism, and on the U.S. relationship with Europe? Could we see a resurgence of transatlantic engagement?
If you have any questions, please contact Eleonora del Vecchio, [email protected].
Session I: Elections 2020 - What Happened and What’s Next?
Monday, November 9, 2020 | 9:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. EDT | 3:00 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. CET
- Prof. Mario Del Pero, Researcher, Sciences Po
- Ms. Megan Greene, Dame DeAnne Julius Senior Academy, Fellow in International Economics, Chatham House
- Mr. Mitch Landrieu, Former Mayor of New Orleans, Founder & President, E Pluribus Unum
- Ms. Neera Tanden, President, Center for American Progress
- Dr. Ian Lesser, Vice President, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
Session II: The U.S. and the Multilateral World Order: The EU-U.S. Relationship post-2020
Tuesday, November 10, 2020 | 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. EDT | 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. CET
- Mr. Jamie Fly, Senior Fellow and Advisor to the President, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Amb. Stavros Lambrinidis, Ambassador, Delegation of the European Union to the United States
- Amb. Toria Nuland, Senior Counselor, Albridge Stonebridge Group
- Dr. Maria João Rodrigues, President, Foundation for European Progressive Studies
- Mr. Vassilis Ntousas, Senior Policy Advisor, Foundation for European Progressive Studies