WEBINAR - Reporting the Pandemic: Media Freedom and Human Rights During the Coronavirus
- Karen Donfried, President, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Jamie Fly, President, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
- Arbana Vidishiqi, Balkan Service Director, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
- Ivan Bedrov, Bulgarian Service Director, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
- Andrey Shary, Russian Service Director, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
- Jonathan D. Katz, Senior Fellow, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
The German Marshall Fund of the United States' Frontlines of Democracy Initiative invites you to a special briefing focused on the coronavirus with Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL). The focus of the virtual briefing will be RFE/RL’s experience with addressing the challenges facing all free media in Europe and Eurasia in light of the pandemic and an increasingly difficult political, economic, and security landscape in the region and globally. RFE/RL's local offices and reporters are again on the frontlines in spaces where democracy is challenged, media freedom is shrinking, and disinformation is growing. How is RFE/RL adapting in this new environment, and what are the challenges they see on the ground? Joining GMF for this special briefing will be Jamie Fly, President of RFE/RL, as well as Arbana Vidishiqi of RFE/RL’s Balkan Service, Ivan Bedrov of RFE/RL’s Bulgarian Service, and Andrey Shary, Director of RFE/RL’s Russian Service.
Due to concerns about COVID-19 and in order to enable a wider audience to participate in this discussion, we invite you to join us via webinar. You may register by clicking this link.