- Who is eligible?
Non-governmental organizations registered in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Georgia, Moldova, Romania, and Ukraine.
- We are a recently founded organization. Can we apply for funding?
- When can I submit a project proposal?
BST welcomes projects proposals for projects falling under the priorities of the Civic Participation, Cross-Border Initiatives and Eastern Links programs on a rolling basis.
Applicants interested in submitting projects falling under the priorities of the Confidence Building program must consult the program’s webpage for details.
- What documents should I use to submit a project proposal?
All applicants must submit project proposals using BST forms. Only proposals submitted using these forms will be taken into consideration.
- Can I submit a project proposal in other language than English?
- Where should I send my project proposal?
Project proposals must be submitted to BlackSeaTrust@gmfus.org
- Do I have to send my project proposal via mail also?
- How many partners can I involve in my project?
Applicants can involve as many as project partners as they consider necessary.
- What type of partners?
Depending on the nature of the project, the partners can be non-governmental organizations, governmental organizations, universities, media outlets or commercial entities.
- In case of partnership with other organizations, should I provide agreement of partnership?
When sending the application forms, applicant should attach the agreement(s) to the email.
- Is there a specific form I should use for this type of agreement?
BST doesn’t offer a specific form, but the document should clearly state the name of the organizations, the name of the project and the role of each partner.
- Are there any other additional documents I should send together with my application forms e.g. CVs, registration certificate, etc?
No. If additional documents will be needed, BST staff will request those on a case by case basis.
- How do I know my project proposal was received?
Within one week of submission, you will receive a confirmation of receipt.
- What are the minimum and the maximum amount I can request?
The minimum amount is $5,000 and the maximum is $60,000.
- What is the average grant amount?
The average grant amount is $25,000.
- Is co-funding mandatory?
Co-funding is not mandatory, but it is highly encouraged.
- What are the minimum and the maximum duration of a grant?
The minimum duration is 3 months and the maximum is 12 months.
- What kinds of activities are not eligible?
BST does not support one-off events, religious activities, infrastructure projects, tourism activities, individual travel costs for convening purposes, social cases, politically affiliated events.
- When drafting the budget, are there any specifications we should be aware of?
BST strongly encourages applicants to submit budgets where the salaries costs do not exceed 25% of the amount requested from BST. Salary costs generally refer to salaries of project manager, project assistant and accountant.
Applicants are strongly advised to not submit budgets where the administrative costs are higher than 20% of the amount requested from BST. Administrative costs include rent, utilities, bank fees.
- Can a grantee reallocate budget costs after the project was approved?
Budget reallocations can be done only after receiving the written agreement of the BST staff.
- I didn’t spend the entire amount of the grant award. Can I ask BST to renew my grant?
No. BST doesn’t renew grants. All grantees must return to BST all unspent money.
- I am currently implementing a project with the support of BST. Can I submit another project?
BST doesn’t award two or more simultaneous grants to the same organization.
- I have a project idea but I am not sure it fits BST’s priorities. Can I submit a concept note?
Yes, you can. The note should be sent to BlackSeaTrust@gmfus.org