About this event
A New Era for an Old Friendship: America and Greece in the 21st Century
- Karen Donfried, President, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Alexander Philon, Former Greek Ambassador to the U.S.
- Geoffrey R. Pyatt, U.S. Ambassador to Greece
- Nicholas Burns, Professor, Harvard Kennedy School, Former Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs, Former U.S. Ambassador to NATO and Former U.S. Ambassador to Greece
- Ian Lesser, Vice President and Executive Director, Brussels, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
Please join us for a conversation with the Honorable R. Nicholas Burns on the remarkable transformation in the relationship between the United States and Greece over the last decade and the outlook for the future in light of evolving Mediterranean geopolitics.
R. Nicholas Burns is professor of the practice of diplomacy and international politics at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. He is a former undersecretary of state for political affairs and former United States ambassador to NATO and Greece. This conversation is an inaugural German Marshall Fund event organized with the generous support of the Alexander Philon Fund for the Transatlantic Partnership.