About this event
- Mr. Petro Beshta, Director-General, Political Directorate, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
- The Hon. Anton Korynevych, Permanent Representative of the President of Ukraine in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea
- Mrs. Alina Frolova, Deputy Chair, Center of Defense Strategies
- The Hon. Dietmar Nietan, Member of German Bundestag
- LTG (ret.) Ben Hodges, Pershing Chair in Strategic Studies, Center for European Policy Analysis
- Mr. Bruno Lété, Senior Fellow, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
On August 23, 2021, Ukraine will convene the “Crimean Platform,” a high-profile summit to mobilize a more effective international response to Russia’s 2014 seizure of Crimea. Seven years later, Moscow continues to turn the peninsula into a military fortress from where it expands its influence over the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov. Russia’s occupation violates Ukrainian sovereignty and constitutes military and geopolitical risk for Ukraine’s European and Euro-Atlantic partners. The Embassy of Ukraine in cooperation with the German Marshall Fund has organized this event to discuss the available mechanisms for states and international organizations to facilitate a prompt and coordinated response to these unremedied problems.
If you have any questions, please contact Ulyana Kubenko at [email protected].