About this event
- Karen Donfried, President, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Melanie Amann, Berlin Bureau Chief, Der Spiegel
- Thorsten Faas, Professor for Political Sociology of Germany, Freie Universität Berlin
- Thomas Kleine-Brockhoff, Vice-President and Director Berlin Office, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Sudha David-Wilp, Senior Fellow and Deputy Director Berlin Office, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
Presentation of Hamilton Dashboard
- Bret Schafer, Media and Digital Disinformation Fellow, Alliance for Securing Democracy
With a fragmented political party landscape, the race to succeed Chancellor Angela Merkel in Germany is wide open. The management of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the transformation of the economy, and Germany’s role on the international stage will be debated in the run-up to the federal elections this September.
The next government will impact the future of Europe and the transatlantic relationship. Over the coming months, GMF will follow the campaign closely and host a series of expert conversations and discussions to provide context and analysis. Please join us for the kick-off on May 11.
If you have any questions regarding these events, please contact Corinna Blutguth at [email protected].