About this event
- Hon. Wendy Sherman, U.S. Deputy Secretary of State
- Dr. Alexandra de Hoop Scheffer, Director of Research, Transatlantic Security, and Director of the Paris Office, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
Marking the release of the Transatlantic Trends 2021 survey, U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman will share her views on the current state of the transatlantic relationship, the policy priorities of the U.S. administration, and the expectations of transatlantic public opinions. Taking place before the highly anticipated G7 and NATO summits, this conversation will shed a light on the most striking findings of the Transatlantic Trends 2021 survey while offering unique insights on the future of the transatlantic partnership with Deputy Secretary Sherman.
Transatlantic Trends is an annual public opinion survey, addressing pressing policy issues such as:
- Is the U.S. perceived as a reliable partner?
- How do North American and European publics perceive China’s global influence?
- What are the priorities for transatlantic cooperation in 2021?
- What are the most urgent threats to transatlantic security?
- How do populations on both sides of the Atlantic assess the state of their democracy?
The survey covered 11 countries: Canada, France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States. The report provides a remarkable overview of the perception of current strategic challenges by transatlantic populations, as well as a comparative analysis of the convergence and divergence of views among allies.
Please join this webinar to discover and discuss the results of this publication, and feel free to join the discussion on Twitter, tagging @gmfus and our partners @BertelsmannFdn, @BizCouncilofCan, and @KASonline.
If you have any questions, please contact Gesine Weber at [email protected].