About this event
- Geoffrey R. Pyatt, U.S. Ambassador to Greece
- Marios Lysiotis, Cypriot Ambassador to the U.S.
- Thanos Dokos, Greece National Security Advisor
- Shimon Stein, Senior Research fellow at INSS, Former Israeli Ambassador to Germany
- Alexia Tasouli, Diplomatic Correspondent, Open TV
The Eastern Mediterranean is a pivotal crossroad between Asia, Africa, and Europe. The region is strategically important from an economic and a security standpoint, not only for Europe but also for the United States. The 3+1 initiative aims at increasing stability by bringing together Greece, Israel, and Cyprus to work on critical issues. In this conversation, officials from the 3+1 countries explain the strategic logic of the initiative against the backdrop of increasing great power competition.
If you have any questions, please contact Alberto Tagliapietra at [email protected].