The Policy Designers Network
The Policy Designers Network (PDN) is a fellowship program aimed at bringing together young policy professionals from Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine to advance democracy and economic development, to expand their knowledge about regional, European, and transatlantic issues, and strengthen their networks.
The program is structured around workshop-style learning sessions and active participation in a transatlantic or regionally focused conference. The learning sessions will concentrate on honing the fellows’ leadership abilities, strengthening their skills to leverage media to advance policy solutions, to engage stakeholders in advancing their missions, and to write policy papers.
The first iteration of the Policy Designers Network took place on October 15-18, 2019.
The second iteration of the Policy Designers Network took place on September 29 - October 3, 2020.
The third iteration of this fellowship is will take place mid-fall 2021.
This program is made possible thanks to the German government through the KfW Bank for Development.
Eligible candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have up to 5 years of professional experience which has offered them an insight into making and formulating policy in various fields such as foreign policy, energy, business, creative arts, and industries, media, etc.
- Be between 25 and 35 years old
- Have fluency in English
- Be a citizen of Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, or Ukraine
- Possess a valid passport
Exhibit the following characteristics:
- Profound sense of integrity
- The desire to create a positive impact
- Commitment to democracy and diversity
- Commitment to share and apply new knowledge and to engage the PDN network upon the program’s completion
- Commitment to transatlantic and global engagement
How to Apply
The application portal will open early spring 2021.
What will you gain as a member of the Policy Designers Network
The Policy Designers Network is a unique personal and professional development opportunity. After completion of the program, you become part of the GMF Alumni Network, which spans over the United States and Europe, connecting more than 3,000 policy and decision makers, business, media, academia and civil society representatives.
What we expect from you as a member of the Policy Designers Network
GMF is looking for future leaders who will actively participate in the Policy Designers Network. Upon completion of the program, our fellows make a long-term commitment to GMF as members of the Alumni Network by staying in touch, participating in events, and continuing to collaborate with other fellows and Alumni.
If you have any questions, please direct them to Hanna Kovhan at [email protected].