Geostrategy North focuses on analysis and convening on geostrategic and security questions affecting Northern Europe, the Arctic, and North America.
View Program Insights
Geostrategy North provides analysis and facilitates convening on geostrategic questions affecting Northern Europe - the Nordic countries, Baltic States, UK, Ireland, North America, and the Arctic. It also serves to provide policy guidance on defense and security topics closely associated with the region, including resilience, hybrid warfare, and feminist foreign policy.
Geostrategy North seeks to
- Provide groundbreaking research and policy insights into Russia’s future posture, and how Europe and North America will need to defend themselves against present and future threats.
- Provide policy guidance on how the Arctic countries should cooperate, especially on security and defense issues.
- Facilitate a better understanding of how U.S. defense priorities and strategy will affect the presence of U.S. resources in Europe in the long term.
- Build greater understanding of European security issues across the United States.
- Provide insights and policy guidance on how to address energy security challenges in Europe.
NATO and the Indo-Pacific: Forging Deeper Partnerships
Partnerships are critical to NATO’s ability to address current and future challeng...
8:45am EEST 11:30am EEST
A Conversation with Prime Minister of Lithuania Ingrida Šimonytė
The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) is delighted to invite you to a tim...
8:30am EST 9:00am EST
Germany’s New Security Outlook: What Zeitenwende Means for the Transatlantic Partners
Please join us for an in-person roundtable discussion with Ambassador Ekkehard Brose, p...
2:00pm ET 3:00pm ET